Working to print standard ISO 12647-2 The YM Group ensures clients value our colour and technical expertise.
Our processes ensure colour reproduction is precise, accurate and consistent throughout the print run.
We analyse a full range of paper including uncoated paper to facilitate the most dynamic, sharp and true colours are replicated consistently and to the highest of standards.
We also offer advice and support from simple calibrating monitors to full colour management training.
YM GROUP TIPS for lower product returns
- Select a production team who have the technical knowledge and ability to achieve optimum colour reproduction
- Find a photographer who is experienced at capturing images with the print process in mind
- Brief your photographer carefully – is he capturing the mood or the product?
- Ensure your designers fully understand the print process
- Check that your Adobe colour management is set up for European printing within Creative Cloud (InDesign/Photoshop) as opposed to the American setting
- Are you confident that what you see on your monitor is what you will see in your printed catalogue?
- Ensure your monitors are calibrated
- Ensure your lighting viewing conditions are controlled
- The paper you print on will have a big impact on how your colour is reproduced
- Uncoated paper has specific colour conversions and if these are not followed correctly you could be disappointed with the final result
- YM Group document a full range of papers including uncoated paper stocks to reproduce the most dynamic, sharp and true colour result
- Ask your printer for a complete colour health check on your work flow
- Ensure papers are correctly databased into their appropriate ISO print conditions
- You may need to set up specific colour values for the closed loop colour systems on your printers presses to ensure the most precise reproduction throughout the print run