Our comprehensive range of print technology combines a broad range of long and short grain litho web presses. From 16pp to 72pp along with extensive digital print capabilities this offers our clients a choice of different print sizes and formats that are unrivalled by any other supplier in the UK.
From “PDF to post,” print quality and colour reproduction is our priority. Clients can be assured that their colour will be consistent and their products will be accurately reproduced with the last printed copy quality as good as the first.
Our services include:
• High quality web offset printing – short grain and long grain multi-pagination
• Sheet fed litho printing
• Range of digital print capabilities, including Kodak Prosper 6000
• Complex inline, litho and digital hybrid capabilities
• Extensive range of UV and other coating solutions
• Fragrance encapsulation capabilities
Our extensive range of printed products are produced to the highest standards, on time and cost effectively.
We regularly produce:
• Catalogues, brochures and magazines
• Inserts, supermarket flyers and door drops
• Newspaper and media supplements
• Customer data focused communications e.g. loyalty and reward schemes
• Ballot papers, high volume postcards and inline personalised mailers
• Conventional mailing packs (non/personalised letters and catalogues in envelopes)
• Sustainable mailing packs including the award winning YM Paperwrap.
• Silk paper envelopes and variable paper solutions.
• Innovative features for direct mail e.g. pop ups, advent calendars, tumble card
The finishing on any publication is a hugely important factor on the printed product. It’s the icing on the cake and really makes a communication stand out from the crowd. From inline stitching and gluing, The YM Group have invested in an impressive range of high-spec, high quality finishing equipment, to increase customer choices that will make your publications shine.
Our binding, folding and inserting options can accommodate product designs, from conventional to inspirational. Some of our most successful creations and innovations have resulted from a seemingly impossible customer idea.
Our team works with you to create interesting and engaging shapes, sizes and formats tailored to suit your specific requirements.
• Inline spine gluing and trimming
• Perfect binding
• Extra durable gluing for high pagination books
• High speed and Ferag saddle stitching
• Loose insert application and tip ons into books on binding and stitching lines
• Personalised catalogues and magazines covers/books
• High and low volume variable colour digital applications
Mailing & Fulfilment
At the YM Group we have true fulfilment firepower, with an impressive array of kit and capabilities to meet every need. Combined with our print configurations and format range, we provide an end-to-end service tailored to each customer’s requirements.
Our fulfilment offering includes:
• conventional envelope mailings
• conventional poly wrapped mailings, including supply of poly
• substantial insert & onsert capabilities
• unwrapped/naked mailings
• poly wrapping for publishing market
• bespoke direct marketing mailings
• secure fulfilment
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do, and our new award-winning YM Paper Wrap product is taking the publishing and commercial markets by storm. As well as being less harmful to our planet, YM Paper Wrap is an eco-friendly alternative to plastic poly wrap, is 100% recyclable and fully customisable. This enables your products to be tailored and bespoke to your personal requirements. Being a paper wrap, it also qualifies for a number of Royal Mail discounted services including Mailmark which from a commercial and ROI perspective supports the transfer over from poly wrap.
With significant investment in recent years the YM Group seamlessly blend cutting-edge, bespoke production runs with conventional fulfilment services.
Our teams ensure that all products are finished to the very highest standards, continuing to push the boundaries to identify what our customers need and what is possible in the world of fulfilment.
The combined companies in the YM Group are renowned for their creative and innovative approach to business. With a strapline of `Now Anything’s Possible’ our team of experts thrive on the challenge of creating something new and exciting out of nothing. Our creations have inspired a marketplace and won a variety of awards including the 2018 DCA Awards for Innovation for the YM Paperwrap product. The first real alternative to polywrap.
Working with a range of postal carriers including Royal Mail, Whistl, Secured Mail and UK Mail we are well placed to advise customers on their most effective route to market and the best value for money solutions.
Our relationships ensure we are always ahead of the game in terms of maximising the value of postage, understanding what opportunities are out there in the marketplace and accessing all discounted services available. Our inhouse experts are happy to offer a consultative approach with customers and advise and recommend the best way forward for their postal requirements.
Working to print standard ISO 12647-2 The YM Group ensures clients value our colour and technical expertise. Our processes ensure colour reproduction is precise, accurate and consistent throughout the print run. We analyse a full range of paper including uncoated paper to facilitate the most dynamic, sharp and true colours are replicated consistently and to the highest of standards. We also offer advice and support from simple calibrating monitors to full colour management training.
As one of the major buyers of paper in the UK you can imagine we are experts in getting the best quality products and the best prices. With paper being the main stay of our core product offering it is understandable that the YM Group has devoted significant resource to such an important area. Purchasing over 120,000 tonnes of paper annually for our clients we have developed long standing and robust relationships with our suppliers and paper mills. With an in-depth knowledge of all the differing paper types our team will advise you on the best option that meets your requirements.
Our Paper Buying team also spend significant time with long term advance planning to ensure effective marketplace smoothing of paper supply. This guards against last minute industry shortages or acute price spikes. We believe long term planning is essential to ensure consistency of service to our customers, every time.
With GDM’s web platform `Go Analyse’ we work with a company’s most valuable asset, its customer data.
Go Analyse provides live reporting and statistics on daily sales, live campaigns and business KPIs. With customer data at it’s core Go Analyse provides an affordable data management platform whereby we can manage, analyse, process and manipulate data to maximise potential sales and ROI.
Working closely with clients we plan, execute and analyse campaigns. Understanding data sets and using specific KPIs we can help boost response rates, deploy accurate customer segmentation and increase new customer numbers. Our bespoke analytics packages provide very valuable insights into customer behaviours like propensity to buy modelling, order attribution and mailing volume analysis.
Through the YM Groups combined offering we provide the UK’s leading direct marketing services. Our inhouse experts also act as your consultant and their significant knowledge and expertise is there to be used by you, the customers.
Our aim is to achieve better results, incur less wastage and improve return on investment
Customer acquisition and retention is key to business growth and our value of customer data should never be under estimated.
We work with your data to understand your customers and their purchasing habits. We then plan your campaigns to ensure they are both timely and relevant. Our extensive experience in direct communications along with our well recognised hands-on approach means you receive an effective and deliverable programme of activities.
Some of the services you will receive from our campaign planning service include:
• Development of customer contact strategy
• Strategic advice on mailing plans and offers
• Analysis and interpretation of mailing results to implement further retention plans
• Recruitment proposals for cold data and inserts (data pools, media inserts, swaps, door drops, third party lists and inserts)
• Planning meetings
• Timing plans for all mailings
• Day to day handling of campaign planning and briefing
• Matchback analysis and reporting of results
• Coordination and attendance of meetings with preferred suppliers
• Analysis and interpretation of any optimisation or segmentation reports