Our mission “to help our customers communicate using the power of data, intelligent marketing and innovative print solutions”
The YM Group is the leading print and marketing solutions provider in the UK, offering an extensive range of quality products and services.
We set the standards in the industry with our innovative approach and creative solutions. Firmly believing anything is possible when you have the knowledge, technology, expertise and customer focus. As a Group we offer a full suite of services from initial ideas stage straight through to the finished product or campaign. Our combined offering is unique in the marketplace in terms of the sheer scale and breadth of our capabilities, expertise, resources, equipment, technology and facilities.
We provide for major brands including high street and online retailers. Our multi-site reach supports contingency planning and disaster recovery capability providing yet more customer confidence and assurance. With innovative printed products including catalogues, brochures, magazines, inserts, door drops and direct mail we have everything a business is looking for in a “partner supplier”. Our data and analytical expertise provides customers with a full array of innovative products and services to support them with their Marketing campaigns and objectives.
With the unrivalled skills of our people combined with the full array of products and services at all our sites, the YM Group can offer a compelling proposition unique in the UK Marketplace. This is our differentiator. With an ability to Project Manage the full range of customer requirements and 3rd party relationships, we are the customers “go to” partner of choice.
The YM Group are pioneers in industry innovation and creative propositions that stretch the boundaries and challenge the norm. From development of the award winning YM Paper Wrap solution, to trailblazing the Partially Addressed service for customers to capitalise on in a post GDPR world. From the many capabilities on digital printing personalisation with our Kodak 6000 Prosper investment, or the significant range of formats available, the YM Group are best placed to offer our valued customers a full package of solutions, service, advice and support.
YM GROUP TIPS for switching from poly to Paper Wrap
- No carrier sheet necessary
- If you use the RM Advertising Mail service and switch to paper, there are further postal discounts opportunities available for you
Check out the criteria for Sustainable Advertising Mail discounts (Entry Level, Intermediate Level). Mailmark discounts for machine-readable mail (bar code)
Currently there are no Sustainable Mail discounts with Publishing Mail. However, Mailmark discounts are available with Publishing Mail
- Trays discounts – your carrier may share discounts that they receive if you switch from bags to trays with paper wrap packs
- Plain white paper wrap is an economical, easy switch to paper wrap. The main delivery details are then just ink jetted in black on the mailing line
- Remember the flat size of the paper mailing pack still needs to fall within the maximum RM size categories
Category - Large Letter, Machine readable:
Maximum size is 345 x 245 x 10mm
- Paper wrap can be different types of paper, plain and printed. Discuss which is the most secure option for your pack
- Paper wrap can be printed litho or digital, depending on the amount of personalisation required or format of product
Watch your ink coverage on the design of your paper wrap if printing digitally as digital ink is expensive
Special colours and coatings may be applied to your paper wrap
- Your mailing provider may have their own postal rates to share with you
- Multiple inserts and onserts for extra revenue can be included in the pack. Check the maximum number with your mailing provider
- If you find a printer that can also paper wrap, you will save the delivery costs of your books to a mailing house and the carbon footprint
- Think about using paper wrap with regional/third party advertising for extra revenue. For example, the back cover of the wrap could be a full page, colour advert
- Paper wrap is a different type of paper to your main book. Therefore, if you repeat an image from the book, the colour result will be different
Royal Mail technical guides can be found at:
YM GROUP TIPS for lower returns
- Select a production team who have the technical knowledge and ability to achieve optimum colour reproduction
- Find a photographer who is experienced at capturing images with the print process in mind
- Brief your photographer carefully – is he capturing the mood or the product?
- Ensure your designers fully understand the print process
- Check that your Adobe colour management is set up for European printing within Creative Cloud (InDesign/Photoshop) as opposed to the American setting
- Are you confident that what you see on your monitor is what you will see in your printed catalogue?
- Ensure your monitors are calibrated
- Ensure your lighting viewing conditions are controlled
- The paper you print on will have a big impact on how your colour is reproduced
- Uncoated paper has specific colour conversions and if these are not followed correctly you could be disappointed with the final result
- YM Group document a full range of papers including uncoated paper stocks to reproduce the most dynamic, sharp and true colour result
- Ask your printer for a complete colour health check on your work flow
- Ensure papers are correctly databased into their appropriate ISO print conditions
- You may need to set up specific colour values for the closed loop colour systems on your printers presses to ensure the most precise reproduction throughout the print run